Parsons 2007 programme announced
The programme for Parsons 2007, the 7th International Charles Parsons Turbine Conference, has been confirmed. To be held from 11-13 September 2007 at the University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK, the event will focus on power generation in an era of climate change.
Parsons 2007 will provide a forum for the presentation and discussion on the design, manufacture, materials and operating issues of turbine power plants within the constraints of high efficiency and low emissions compounded by fuel concerns. The event will feature parallel sessions on gas and steam turbines sandwiching a single theme on the fuels and environmental issues facing the industry. Each day will begin with a plenary lecture from the operators’ perspective.
The presentations are grouped under the following topics and will include:
- Gas turbine blade materials and manufacture I - keynote speaker J M Hannis from Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery Ltd will discuss the future materials needs of industrial turbines.
- Materials modelling
- Material properties
- Steam power plants - covering clean coal technologies for power generation, J M Farley of Doosan Babcock Energy Limited will present the keynote talk.
- Steam turbines
- Boiler materials
- Reducing CO2 emissions/Alternative energy sources - the keynote address from B Morris, of the UK’s former DTI, will consider energy strategy.
- High temperature materials and coatings
- Steam turbine materials
A full programme will be available on the event web page.
- High temperature materials and coatings II and III – From Rolls-Royce plc, D S Rickerby will present the keynote address, ‘Engineering Materials and Coating Systems for Advanced Aeroengine Applications’.
- Gas turbine blade materials and manufacture II
- Life management – the keynote presentation will focus on the operation of large steam turbines to 300,000 hours service, given by G M Horseman, Siemens Power Generation
For further information, contact: Melanie Boyce, tel: +44(0)20 7451 7303.
Date Posted: 30 July 2007