Full Materials Congress Programme Now Available
The full programme of technical symposia, plenary and keynote lectures, and supporting events for the Institute’s Materials Congress 2004 is now available.
Materials Congress will consist of sixteen one-day technical symposia, running over three days from 30 March to 1 April 2004, on the following topics:
These will all include keynote speakers and will be supported by a full programme of plenary lectures, poster sessions, industry events, exhibitions, special events for teachers and technicians and social events.
- Wide Bandgap Semi-conductors
- Surface Engineering
- Smart Packaging & Smart Materials
- Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering
- Platinum - from cradle to grave
- Materials for Advanced and Sustainable Power Generation
- In-process Measurements and Modelling for Polymers
- Nanomagnetism and Nanomagnetic Materials
- Neutron Scattering & Materials Science
- Composites - the cutting edge
- Energy Efficient Vehicles
- The Packaging of Electronic Devices
- Mineral Reserves and Mineral Resources - the latest developments in reporting and estimation
- Self-organised Liquid Crystal Semi-conductors
- Technological Advances in Light Metals (Al, Mg & Ti)
- Processing & Characterisation of Advanced Ceramics
Materials Congress is being held in Carlton House Terrace in London, using the headquarters of the Institute and neighbouring buildings, an unusual and unique London venue which proved hugely successful with delegates at the last Congress in 2002. The event is sponsored by EPSRC, the Institute of Physics and the Royal Society of Chemistry, and supported by the Federation of European Materials Societies.
Full details of the programme and a registration form are available at the Congress website on www.iom3.org/congress2004.
Date Posted: 19 December 2003