Institute Announces Award Winners 2005
The Institute has announced details of the winners of its awards for 2005.
Premier award winners are as follows:
Full details of these and winners of awards for personal achievement and for published papers are available here.
- Mr S I Pettifor, Corus, UK, wins the Bessemer Gold Medal for outstanding services to the steel industry.
- Professor M Braden, Queen Mary School of Medicine and Dentistry, receives the Chapman Medal for distinguished research in biomaterials.
- Personnel from Ceres Power Ltd receive the Gold Medal for significant contributions to the industrial application of materials.
- Professor D J Bacon, University of Liverpool, receives the Griffith Medal and Prize for distinguished work in materials science.
- Mr G Selman receives the Platinum Medal for outstanding contributions to the advancement of materials science and engineering.
- Dr G R McDowell, University of Nottingham, receives the Silver Medal for Younger Members (normally under the age of 30) in recognition of an outstanding contribution to the broad field of materials science, engineering and technology including promotion of their subject on a national or international basis.
The premier awards will be presented at the Institute's Awards Dinner on the evening of 15 June 2005. Publications awards will be presented on 9 May.
More information from Carolyn Figgett on 020 7451 7365, email Carolyn.Figgett@iom3.org.
Date Posted: 5 April 2005