Institute Award Winners 2003
The Institute has announced details of the winners of its awards for
materials science and engineering for 2003.
Premier award winners are:
Full details of these and winners of awards for personal achievement and for
published papers are available here. The
majority of the awards will be presented at the Institute's Awards Dinner on
the evening of 10 June 2003.
More information from Nuna Staniaszek on 020 7451 7320, email
Date Posted: 6 May 2003
- Mr Jean-Pierre Birat of IRSID, France, wins the Bessemer Gold Medal for outstanding services to the steel industry.
- Professor William Bonfield of Cambridge Uninversity receives the inaugural Chapman Medal for distinguished research in biomaterials.
- Professor Derek Fray of Cambridge University receives the IoM Gold Medal for significant contributions to the industrial application of materials.
- Professor Roger Whatmore of Cranfield University receives the Griffith Medal and Prize for distinguished work in materials science.
- Professor Malcolm McLean of Imperial College, London, receives the Platinum Medal for outstanding contributions to the advancement of materials science and engineering.