Welcome to the British Composites Society Website
As one of the technical arms of the Institute of Materials, Minerals and
Mining we provide a focus for the exchange of knowledge on all aspects of
With a membership rooted in the UK, we act as a national contact point for
communication with similar bodies on a worldwide basis.
Our objectives include the following:
The purpose of this website is to introduce our Society and its
members and to highlight our activities. We also attempt to provide a portal
to the growing internet resources which relate to the composites community.
We hope that you find this useful and welcome any constructive feedback.
- Organise technical meetings and to encourage publications on composites
- Promote education and training related to composites
- Foster the interests of younger members involved in composites
- Collaborate with the other technical divisions and regional sections on areas of mutual interest
- Coordinate responses to national and international initiatives (eg Foresight)
Chair, British Composites Society Board